Hello!

Hello!

11 February 2007

And so it begins...

Because apparently I need another blog at this time when I'm barely posting because I'm crazy busy... I'm blaming the former roommate. ;)
For my first post, I feel compelled to explain the title for the non-Spanish speakers: Cositas Así means "Little things like this" and I am unabashedly stealing it from my favorite band, Fiel a la Vega. If you do the Spanish thing, check their lyrics here.

As for me: a little obsessed with grammar and proper accentuation of Spanish (I'm a Spanish teacher, can you tell?); more obsessed with music and the pursuit of (Brazilian) Portuguese. Devout Christian and politically liberal - make of that what you will. Proud Puerto Rican, in love with Latino/Latin American culture in general. Fan of sentence fragments. Speaker of Spanish in public places. Lover of language in a broad sense. Infected with a serious case of wanderlust, and therefore on a quest to fill my passport with stamps - aforementioned interest might actually rival the obsession with the pursuit of (Brazilian) Portuguese.

Twenty-something and coming to grips with the transitional state of my existence. I love my job, I love my family; not as much love for the state of Virginia, but adjusting because God hasn't yet let me move on. Occasionally eloquent, but not so much today...

2 comments:

melissa said...

i'm going to the grocery store and i thought maybe i'd pick up some Poppycock.
ok that's a lie. i'm not going to the store and despite it's fantastic name, i don't enjoy Poppycock enough to pay money for it.

Frances Joy said...

I, however, love Poppycock - both the name and the snack. :)