Hello!

Hello!

22 February 2007

Yay, observation!

What a day. And I've still got things to do. In spite of that, it's been a good week. Maybe it's because we're all refreshed from our week of snow days or maybe it's because the stars are aligned, but it's been good.
I had my second formal observation today at work, so I went into it a little stressed out, but things went well. I was observed during my IB Spanish A2 (Hispanic literature) class, which is nice because I only have thirteen students, one of whom is out due to surgery. The kids are fabulous and it's a fun class to teach. We were reading a play so all the kids were involved and participating, and all went well.
Earlier this week, my Assistant Principal (AP) came in to talk to me just before I started teaching my kids a basic salsa move to practice the imperative (grammar CAN be fun!) and she decided she wanted to stay. Anyway, she saw me teaching my 6th period salsa, and she loved it and told another teacher about it. My salsa lessons are officially in my record. :)
I think the salsa made me the coolest teacher of the week, by the way. Word got around. My dancing skillz (yes, it needs a "z") have been praised, and kids are stopping by to check it out (I freely distributed pages with directions to those interested).
Anyway, my AP's advice was good and she was really encouraging. I think she likes me, which is good; she also thinks I'm a good teacher, which gives me a boost of confidence and makes me happy.

Alright, I'm off to do homework. Yes, me doing homework... Ciao...

No comments: