Hello!

Hello!

20 August 2007

Insomniac

I haven't been sleeping well. Haven't really adjusted to the time difference or the food difference or the differences in climate. Since I returned from Germany back in '99 (my gosh, I sound like my father...) I haven't understood the American obsession with A/C. I can't stand it. Everywhere I go, I'm freezing, and while everyone walks around in capris and tanks and shorts, I'm wearing two shirts, jeans, and a sweater. Oh, there is something wrong with me....

I'm up till four most nights. Last night, I was tossing and turning, reading, writing, looking at pictures, until midnight. Then I finally gave in and snuck downstairs to locate some Tylenol PM. I took it, then waited another hour, hour and a half, before I fell asleep. My mom woke me up at about 10 this morning, maybe earlier. I decided I need to go back to my apartment if only so that I can sleep all day, because I'm not getting any sleep at night. This'll be a rough adjustment once classes start up again.

I'm finally to the point where Western food doesn't make me physically ill, though it took a while. I guess my love for Mexican food pushed me beyond my limits until my stomach decided it really could deal with corn tortillas. ;) If only my love for an early bedtime could be so trained - granted, I've never had much love for early bedtimes, so maybe that's my problem.
On top of that, there's something wrong with my internet connection and something wrong with the USB port on my parents' computer which has made my efforts to upload all 700+ photos of Vietnam futile. Yeah, you read that right: more than 700 pics. Thank God for 2G memory cards, huh?

Other than that, I've got to go in to work a few times this week, including helping out with the Freshmen Fair on Friday and Saturday. It'll be good to get back in the swing of things.

My mom is paranoid that I may have bird flu since I'm always tired and my throat's a bit sore, but I blame the jet lag and her hyperactive A/C-fan combination, respectively. (Seriously, this house is cold!) I did oblige her in looking up some doctors that take my insurance whom I may or may not call to make an appointment. In my mind, the only things worse than going to the doctor are going to the dentist or going to DMV. Basically, unless things get REALLY bad, I'm not going.

Ugh, this is dull... I'm heading home - to my place, that is. I think I need a good work out to get the endorphins flowing and to sit in front of the tv and watch whatever Netflix pick I've got in this week. I'm craving some ché, maybe some bun cha... MMMMM! Bun cha!

I've got to call Comcast about fixing my stinkin' Internet connection. Stinkin' Comcast, charging me an arm and a leg and failing to deliver in their level of service... *sigh*

Okay, enough griping, I'm out.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Hi Frances!! It took me about four to five days to get back to normal too. My mom was worried about me as well but I'm feeling much better and back to normal.