Hello!

Hello!

03 August 2007

Making the most of the time that's left...

Time's running out here in Vinh. I had a 7:30 am appointment with some of the students in Ms. Mai's class. We've gone out quite a bit, and I really enjoy them, especially Linh and the Professor whom I've spent the most time with. Linh couldn't go today, and neither could Ninh, but we still had a good time. We went out for mien (clear noodles), searched for a Vietnam soccer jersey (no luck), and then stopped at a cafe.
Good times all around, and it made me realize how much I will miss these people when I leave. Ms. Mai told me that they were looking for a souvenir for me, but they didn't know what to buy. I told them they'd already given me so much, I didn't need anything else.
I don't think she's going for that.
Thanh left last night and Steven leaves at four today. Our group is dwindling. There will only be five of us on the train back to Ha Noi, and it's still hard for me to believe. I already miss Marsha, miss Thanh, and I know I'll miss Steven.
The rest of the group (Aimee, Andrea, Anna, Eleisa, and me) will have a few more days in Ha Noi and Ha Long to spend together, but this still feels like the end.

Goodbyes are bittersweet.

No comments: