Hello!

Hello!

05 April 2009

While pretending to write a paper

Just some random stuff I've been thinking about lately:

1. I'm probably one of very, very few women who actually prefers wearing heels. I hate wearing socks, and I don't like closed shoes very much. If I've got to wear closed shoes, I enjoy a little toe cleavage and some height, courtesy of a skinny heel - no clunkers for me. And here's the thing: I'm not one of those women who's all about suffering for beauty. My heels aren't terribly high (usually an inch and a half to two inches), and I refuse to wear uncomfortable shoes all day long, I just want them to look GOOD.

2. On a related note: I hate tights. I love how the look on other people, but my gosh! I feel like I'm in some type of torture device when I'm wearing tights.

3. I'm obsessed with Nivea cream. Oh. My. Gosh. I bought a tiny little tin of it a few months ago and I've been using it daily as I'm running around. I have such stinkin' dry skin, and I need to reapply lotion every few hours. This stuff is fabulous and a little goes a long way. Best of all, it's not smelly; it smells clean, not like flowers or perfume. Love it!

4. I've rediscovered the joy of cooking, proper cooking, not just making a sandwich. I can imagine how the ingredients will work together, and I really like experimenting with different flavors and textures. My favorite part is seeing people's reactions to what I've created. It makes me happy.

5. Spring. It's spring here, finally and I feel like I've come back to life. Have I mentioned I hate winter? That it depresses me like crazy? Yeah, man, spring feels GOOD!

1 comment:

jessica said...

LOL: "toe cleavage"