Hello!

Hello!

07 February 2008

La belleza cotidiana

This is the quote from Sojourner's Verse and Voice today:

Christ moves among the pots and pans.

- Teresa of Avila
This is my view on faith: it's that hanging on in the everyday; that hoping for something better, in spite of; that ordinary grace that we receive and extend daily....
I hate when people talk about their "secular lives" - it's all colored by faith and belief. It's all spiritual life. The good, the bad, the ugly, the sublime - it's all spiritual life.
I see Christ moving subtly when I get a wake up call in the morning when I might have otherwise been comatose in my bed. I see Him moving subtly in an email from a student who moved away. I see Him moving subtly in my baby steps towards progress. I see Him in the faces of my students - even the ones that are a little less loveable.

Anyone can believe when everything is wonderful, or when the world is crashing down. Christ is even more lovely in that everyday, though. It's a quiet security, a nudge forward - that stumbling beautifully through the mess that is life.

Love it....

PS the title means "Everyday Beauty"

And as an after thought, there's this song:

Even though the quality sucks, Maná rocks my world:
Tú me salvaste del infierno
Volví a nacer
Cuando no creía en nada,
Volví a creer.
Sanarás mi pesar
Tu amor lo va a vencer
Me salvaste del infierno

Gracias por llegar a mí
Gracias por estar aquí
Yo juré que era mi fin
Gracias por amarme así
Gracias por estar aquí
No sé qué haría sin ti
A rough translation:
You saved me from hell
I was reborn
When I didn't believe in anything,
You restored my faith.
You will heal my pain
Your love will prevail.
You saved me from hell

Thank you for coming to me
Thank you for
being here
I swore it was the end for me.
Thank you for loving me
Thank you for being here
I don't know what I'd do without you.

1 comment:

Sam said...

I really like the way you stumble.