Hello!

Hello!

21 February 2008

Today...

I taught my sixth block how to dance salsa.

Just a basic step, but so much fun.

I promise, it's a tool to teach grammar - the imperative and giving orders, to be exact - but it's also a ton of fun. The girls all end up dancing with each other, one or two of the guys surprise everyone with their dance skills, and I realize how much I move my hips.
We all laugh, no one is terribly self concious, we forget this is school and that we are learning - culture, grammar, verbs....

It's FUN.

Definitely my favorite lesson to teach. With sixth block, it's a refresher on the imperative, but the best part is that next week, I get to do it again with third and seventh blocks when they discover the joys of giving orders.

I'm looking forward to it.

Besides, it's a good workout. ;)

No comments: