Hello!

Hello!

26 March 2008

This...

saying seemed appropriate for this week:

Yo no soy monedita de oro para caerle bien a todos.
I'm not a gold coin so that everyone can like me.


It's been tumbling in my head for days, and has been appropriate in so many occasions thus far (with the fam, at GC, at work, with other people....) I am what I am. I'm far from perfect, and I'm the first to admit it. I don't want to be put on a pedestal, nor do I want to be viewed as less than. I'll admit I've got some stuff going for me.

I'll never agree with everyone on everything and I'm okay with that. All I ask is that you do the same. The sooner we accept differences, the better off we are. There's no use in wanting to conform the people we care about into the people we wish they were. If that's all you're trying to do, then the depth of your caring for that person has to be questioned.

Here's another one:
No le pidas peras a los olmos.
Don't ask elms to give you pears.


Things are what they are; people are what they are; life is what it is. Don't ask it to be what it's not. Go to the right source for what you need. If you need perfection, look to God. You'll never be satisfied looking for it in your fellow man. We are all beautifully flawed. And guess what? That's how we're supposed to be. It's how God set things up: so that He could be glorified in our shortcomings; so that everyone would know how utterly incapable each individual is without Him.

One more:
Don't ask for what you can't give.

No comments: