Hello!

Hello!

19 December 2007

Sick day and some videos

I'm home sick today - the first time I've been sick in three years of teaching. I actually started getting sick Sunday, but I haven't been able to take any time off because this is such a busy time of year. I had presentation yesterday and I'll have more on Thursday so I can't miss those two days.
Isn't it awful when you have to schedule your sickness like this? I mean, what's the point. Plus it's such a pain to deal with the aftermath of a sub. I don't even assign readings anymore when I'm out. All I trust a sub to do is put in a movie and pass out a worksheet.... Not that there aren't good subs, just that I always come back to reading packets left incomplete and the students telling me they just watched "Ice Age". Whatever.

I hate being sick. Doesn't everyone? I just hate not being able to do anything. I want to work out but I can't breathe when I'm just sitting around, so I probably shouldn't push it. Blech....

Enough about me. This one goes out to the FOOL who tried to revoke my Puerto Rican-ness yesterday even though he knows full well that he doesn't have the qualifications to do so: "Y así le grito al villano: yo sería Borincano aunque naciera en la luna"

Something I've always wanted to do, but have never done successfully:


Love that song...

Another good one for all the Boricuas at this time of year: "El banquete de los Sánchez". Y'all know that's how we do. "Tanto chicho, tanta panza..." And how typical is that pellizquito? Ha, ha!



Gosh, that video makes me hungry! I want some pasteles, biandas, and habichuelas....

No comments: