Hello!

Hello!

15 April 2008

flip

I straightened my hair today. This is a rare occurrence that causes my students to say things like, "Ooh, Ms. S!", "You look like a student!", and "You look so pretty! Do you have a date?". It also prompts me to feel like a white girl, flipping my hair incessantly and touching it every two minutes. Not, of course, that I have particularly coarse hair, or a lot of it, just that everyone with curly hair knows that you can't touch curls. They'll frizz up and lose their shape. You have to be gentle with it. Not so when it's straight. You can play with it and shake it out and watch it move. It's amazing. Haha.

Here I am with straight hair:


And here I am in what I like to call my telenovela shot:

That's totally what they'd show as the theme song played and the cast of characters paraded around the set striking poses that sum up their characters (attitude, people!). I'm pretty sure I'd be playing the poor little protagonista whom all the boys love, but loves the one unavailable man. I mean, the eyes! I'm pathetic.... Haha.

I did a little boxing yesterday with Sugar Ray Leonard (love that man) and Laila Ali. She's such a striking woman, but what a manly voice! Anyway, I go through the DVD and foolishly think that I'm totally ready for the ring. I'm deluded, I know.

No comments: