Hello!

Hello!

23 April 2008

Goodbye, Love.


Cinnamon Karibe
6 June 1993 - 23 April 2008

We put my Cinnamon-Love down today. She'd been with us nearly fifteen years. That was my baby - the one I helped train and have helped with since I was eleven.


When we took her to the vet last month, we thought we'd have to put her down then, but the vet told us to wait until she stopped eating. She said she'd never seen such and old Golden, but that she could tell she was well cared for.

Sunday, when I got home, she didn't even acknowledge me; and when I went to take her out. I picked up her back legs to help her stand up, and her front legs gave out under her. She fell, and didn't even try to get up. It was heart-breaking. I knew then that it wouldn't be long before we had to let her go.

That was the day she stopped eating, she stopped walking, and she looked so dazed.... My poor baby....

So we let her go.

She was such a good dog.

I didn't want to come home today because I knew she wouldn't be here. Knew I wouldn't have to take her out, wouldn't have anyone to sneak some bread to, wouldn't hear her barking....

I miss my Love.


1 comment:

jessica said...

frances, i'm so sorry to hear about your pup. :( it's so hard to lose a pet, especially when they are such a familiar part of your home life. i hope that each day gets a little easier than the one before.