Hello!

Hello!

10 April 2008

Musical vacation

Lately I've been hooked on music I can't understand. Go figure. Haha. I mean, the German I can make out alright, and likewise with the Portuguese and the Italian. It's not 100%, but I get some of it. There's so much good music in the world. Here's a sample of what's on my playlist:

Bate Lata.

Fun and upbeat and Brazilian. Doesn't get much better. :)

Anything by Kazzabe

So TECHNICALLY they're from Honduras and sing some stuff in Spanish, however, most of what they're singing is in Garífuna, which is a language I don't understand. I LOOOVe me some punta. If I had to introduce the world to a little known genre, it'd be punta. Fun for dancing, fun for listening to. Can't deny that African influence in Latin America with this beat....

Chaiyya Chaiyya

Can't understand a word, but it's so HOT! If it doesn't make you want to move your hips, I don't know what will....

É Isso Aí

Their voices are pure heaven. I also love that this was one of the first Portuguese songs that I figured out; I was so proud that day. "I don't know how to stop looking at you, I can't stop looking at you, I don't get tired of looking at you, I won't stop looking at you." It sounds less stalkerish in Portuguese.... Haha.

Anything by Tiziano Ferro

Because he's hot and because he sings in both Italian and Spanish. Good stuff. Check out "Ed ero contentissimo", "Alucinado" and "Ti scatterò una foto". Actually, I love it all. He does some faster stuff and a lot of pure pop. Love it all.

"Wenn du schläfst" by Söhne Mannheims

Make that anything by Söhne Mannheims. I chose this video because I think it's pretty brill. "No one needs as much protection as you in the darkness of the world..." I think the video sums it up nicely.

Anything by Xavier Naidoo

It's almost cheating because he's also a part of Söhne Mannheims, but that man's VOICE! Hot, hot, hot! Who knew German could sound so good?

Nimbooda Nimbooda

Makes me wanna dance....

Anything by Olodum

Hot beats. Love it.

Axé Axé by Daniela Mercury

You can't listen to it without moving.

"Habibi de mis amores" Ishtar

Again, partially in Spanish, but it makes the cut.

"Pontes Indestrutíveis" by Charlie Brown, Jr.

I just LIKE it.

"She's Royal"

I have the soca remix which I couldn't find online, but this version is also good. Yeah, it's in English, but it's the style that I love.... Makes me feel like I'm in Bocas del Toro, Panamá.... Mmmmmm...

No comments: