Hello!

Hello!

17 July 2008

"Just tell 'em I'm your kid!"

So I've kind of fallen in love with one of the little girls at the rec center - she's not even in my camp because she's too young. Anyway, this little girl, we'll call her A., went swimming today when I took my group out to the pool. She is FEARLESS and feisty and TINY which is why I love her so much, I think.

Anyway, today, after allowing the big kids to toss her into the water and swimming around like a champ, she came over to me and collapsed on her towel next to the pool. She talked to me for a while, and I told her I was going to steal her and take her home with me. She was like, "Okay."
I said, "No, the police would come and I'd go to jail for stealing you from your mama."
She didn't miss a beat: "Just tell 'em I'm your kid!"
I laughed and asked, "Do you think they'd believe us?"
"Of course."

Oh, kids.



A. with her brother, B.

No comments: