Hello!

Hello!

03 July 2008

waitin' for the love of a travelin' soldier....

I should be sleeping, but I got home about an hour ago from my date with A. Can I just say I really like that boy? I've enjoyed the time I've spent with him, letting him shake up my rules. (No one younger, no military....)

It was a good time today, though we both knew it was the last time for a long time (maybe ever?) but that made the conversation that much better, that much sweeter. Like I said, I really should be sleeping, but I needed to get a few things out.

First, I'm glad for A. He's got that chispa - initiative, determination, spirit - that I like. He's that rare blend of toughness and sensitivity, the kind of man who won't insult your independence by making you wait for him to open EVERY DOOR IN THE WORLD, but is still a perfect gentlman; the kind of guy you could definitely take home to Mom. There's a seriousness about him that I like, although he still made me laugh to no end tonight. I'm glad I met him, glad we hung out, glad for everything about him. He's the first guy whom I didn't constantly compare to J. and that is SUCH a good thing. Not that I'm totally over J., but that A. showed me there really are other men with whom I can connect on every level that matters.

And while he's not going off to war (thank GOD!), he is going off to FL for more training and then he'll be touring with the Honor Guard, and that's enough to have me humming this song:
"Travelin' Soldier" (Or Airman, whatever)

No comments: