Hello!

Hello!

07 September 2008

Hoopdie

So yesterday, it rained all day, the remnants or effects of the hurricane, I guess.... I also had to meet with my group to work on our Urban Politics project. The other two members of my group live up in West Philly, so I headed out there in the storm. I was driving along, and was thinking about the time it stormed and my windshield wiper just flew off my car (not even kidding) and hoping that wouldn't happen again. Anyway, I got past Villanova when my windshield wiper decided it was on strike - the wiper blade was at a forty-five degree angle, and was not so much clearing the rain off the glass. So I stopped and tried to fix it, but was unsuccessful. I called B. to see if he had any ideas for how to make it work, but no luck. I got back on the road and decided I'd just play the girl card at a gas station. The first place couldn't help me, but the second place totally hooked me up: new wiper blade and installation for $15. Prayer answered.

So I made it to West Philly, parked my car in my usual spot, and hurried to meet with my group. Two hours later, I left, and was heading to B.'s place to deliver some cups, which I had to get from the car. So I'm walking along, rummaging for my keys in my purse, and talking on the phone, and I realize I can't find my keys.... Yeah, I totally left them in the ignition. And the car was safely locked up, of course, because I'm a freakin' GENIUS.

But this is the good part: everyone came out to help me out. They came armed with bobby pins and wire hangers, and worked as hard as they could to try to break into my car. That's a sign of good friends.... Ha, ha. Anyway, B. remembered he had AAA and saved the day. The car was unlocked, the cups were delivered, and all was well.

Sock soccer and a couple games of chess managed to make it an enjoyable night, even after all the car trouble.

Today, I did no school work. Well, I'll be reading before bed, but during the day, none. It felt good. We had lunch with some friends, went to Philly, hung out on South Street, grabbed some Mexican food, and went to Circle of Hope. I seriously love the worship there.... I also met a girl who was working with a community organization in a Puerto Rican neighborhood in Philly (MY PEOPLE!). We exchanged info, and I'm going to see about volunteering there. Vamos a ver...

No comments: