Hello!

Hello!

24 September 2008

In print

So J. got the mail today and let me know that I had gotten a package in the mail. It had the tell-tale shape of a book - familiar to us both because all I ever get in the mail are text books. But when I pulled the envelope down, I noticed that there was a Mission Year sticker in the corner: there it was: my autographed copy of New Neighbor: An Invitation to Join Beloved Community by Leroy Barber. Here's why I got an autographed copy: because this girl (yes, ME!) is listed as a contributing author. There's an edited version of this post in the book. Also, one of my classmates, N.M., is also featured in the book, not to mention pictures of another classmate, S. It's unbelievable to me that I have this book, that I know the real author, know other contributing authors, and know the subjects of some of the photos....
Anyway, it looks like it'll be good downtime reading for when I'm so over anything that has to do with my classes, and it's a freakin' beautiful book with all those photos. Excellent job!
That is my little advertisement. I promise I am getting absolutely NO money for this plug, I just really do think it's worth checkin' out.
Plus, holy geez!, I've always wanted to see something I'd written in print and there it is, folks! Haha.

1 comment:

jessica said...

frances, that is truly a wonderful achievement. i've always told you that you should write a book. may this be the jumping off point!!