Hello!

Hello!

11 September 2008

questions

I've been listening to Alison Krauss obsessively the past couple of days. Her voice is unbelievable, even if you aren't a country fan, listen. It's not too twangy, I promise.
There's this song:

The lines that I was most struck by:
And all the answers that I started with
Turned out questions in the end

This is pretty much how I'm feeling at this point in my grad school journey. I feel like everything I came in knowing has become a bigger question, and that's not a bad thing. I've been doing the same thing for the past three years, and now there's this. I thought I knew just what I wanted, but I want more, I want better, I want a greater challenge. And I'm getting it.
This is the opposite of the comfort of home, G-F, and family. Which is not to say that I'm miserably uncomfortable, just that I'm stretching, and that's a good thing. I'm finding so much. So many questions, so many dreams, and so many surprises....

Good surprises.

I'm taking this for what it's worth, and feeling my way through it the way I do. I don't want to say too much, or speak too soon, but I didn't think it was possible to -be so happy in this uncertainty and change. It's good-good.

Anyway, Alison Kraus....
You keep a-lookin' into that mirror.
But to me you're lookin' really fine.

No comments: