Hello!

Hello!

06 September 2008

Schooled

In the interest of honesty, I've really been struggling this past week and a half to be okay with where I live. It felt almost like betrayal to find out that I was the only MY alum living somewhere else - a bit melodramatic, to be sure, but that was my initial reaction.
Wayne isn't the kind of place I would've picked out on my own, you know? But I'm really trying to believe that I'm here for a reason; which is not to say that I can see that reason, just that I believe that it's out there - somewhere.
The point, and the realization that I'm coming to (again), is that God doesn't live in West Philly, or in VA, or in the ATL, or in PR, or even in Wayne. God lives outside of space and time. I can have that community here, too. It might not be the same, but it's something just as real. Sometimes I'm real cabezona, as we say en buen puertorriqueño: I'm hard-headed. A reluctant learner, if you will.
But I am learning. Not just in the academic, classroom, hours-in-my-reading-chair sense, but also in that day-to-day, stumbling, searching sense.
This is one of those situations where all my inadequacies and insecurities come out and Dios me pule. Things happen, I change, I grow, I learn. We're gettin' somewhere.

No comments: