Hello!

Hello!

17 September 2008

ramble.

I should be reading because I've been slacking all night: chatting with J. and BK. - the old Mission Year roomies, catching up with my current roommate J., facebook.... We'll just say I've been a little distracted. Plus, I tried a little studying with B., but ended up mostly reading the same paragraphs over and over again, distracted by how comfortable his shoulder is. I did read an article and a half, which is something, right? Ha ha. I'm such a slacker by the end of the week....

Anyway, I'm dealing with a lot of tough issues in my classes, and trying to see how they fit into my experience, or the other way around, I can't tell anymore. I'm trying to bridge that gap between theory and practice, and I'm realizing I'm a bit on the cynical side sometimes. I guess that's what happens when you've spent a little time in the "real world".

I'm also being confronted with a lot of my own selfishness and doubt and basic brokenness. Not that that's a bad thing. It's actually the kind of thing that produces growth, and that's why I'm here and doing this crazy thing. I'm trying to become less like what I "should be" and more like what God wants me to be. Not that I'm always good at that, just that that's the goal. It's funny, because I'm not completely settled, I'm uncomfortable and out of my element, things aren't easy, and God is dealing with me in big and small ways, but I feel this PEACE. Like, when the Bible talks about paz que sobrepasa todo entendimiento (Phil 4:7), this is it - at least in my limited understanding. Like I can just lean back in these arms of love and know that though things are crazy, it's not up to me to worry about it, and that it's all being taken care of.

1 comment:

jessica said...

hi frances! thought our facebook conversation got cut off a few times last night, it was great to catch up and hear more about life for you right now! and i'm uber-honored that my first initial made it in your blog entry. ;) i was most taken with...trying to become who God wants me to be instead of who i "should" be. good stuff. i always appreciate your honesty here.