Hello!

Hello!

17 January 2008

Snow...

It's snowing. The first big blizzard of the year. It's supposed to get worse, and so far, we've got at least two inches. After the snow, they're calling for sleet, after that, icy roads. Who's hoping they cancel school tomorrow? Ha, ha.

I hate snow - hate winter in general - but I love snow days. I'm already anticipating a day of packing and cleaning and grading papers while enjoying some fine Netflix selections. Let me not jinx myself though....

The past week and a half has been rough. I think (crossing fingers) that I'm coming to the top of that hill, though, and that it'll be smoother from here on out. I've got a few things to look forward to: MLK Jr. Day on Monday, M's visit that Friday, and the beginning of the semester. That brings me that much closer to Philly. I've set a deadline for myself: I must apply by Valentine's day. Why V Day? Why the heck not?

I've been a serious insomniac - I'm too stressed to sleep, but also too stressed to work. Go figure. That alone can make you feel like you're fighting your way through a permanent fog. Throw in the stress of exam review, friendship crises, a friend's death, and the need to move, and you've got a highly volatile situation. I am feeling like I need a vacation, and urgently. Of course, there's no time or money for that right now. Boo.

I haven't felt this frazzled since my first year of teaching when I felt like I couldn't get my head above water. Before that, it was exam time in college just before I went off to Costa Rica. The thing is, I hate this feeling. I don't know what to let go of: GC, Spanish Club, EDGE, two churches (could I just settle on one?), family, friends, working out, personal time.... The personal time is taking the biggest cut. I'm no fun these days. Ha, ha.

In more exciting news, M's coming to town for his birthday. I haven't seen him in about four years. I was in Atlanta the last time we hung out. Goodness, I do miss that man.... It'll be good to see him, even if it brings back a boatload of memories - both good and bad. I'm looking forward to it - sometimes it's the only thing that gets me through the days. I just have to get through one more week, and then I'll see him - and it's a short work week, so it's even better. He'll be my reward after semester exams.

I found this video that I used to love - one of those songs I still don't totally understand, but that I can feel - and it seems appropriate for M's upcoming visit. Like I said, I still don't totally get the lyrics (¿delfines en tu voz? Whaaat?), but there are some parts that I connect with, almost instinctively. They sing about not knowing whether to feel or to think, because even now, they love eachother. Hmm....


No comments: