Hello!

Hello!

21 May 2008

Catch up

Last night, I met up with J, and old friend from college whom I hadn't seen in about five years. We got some dinner, did a little shopping, and had dessert. It was good to see her and get caught up on everything. We're so old. Haha.

I'd been suspecting that one of my students is pregnant, but I'm pretty sure it is actually the case. It hit me today because she's still wearing that big, baggy sweatshirt that she always wears, and it's starting to poke out a bit. She's a sweet kid, lovely and smart. It's so crazy to see these things happening sometimes.... You just sit back and watch. You do what you can, but you can't do it all. It's such a life-changing thing, and you don't realize the weight of it at sixteen.

On a lighter note, I've been working out hardcore lately: abs, upper body (my arms, yo!), legs, cardio.... I'm a fit chica these days and bathing suit season is coming (anyday now, God, it's too cold to be late May!) and I'll be rocking my bikini. HOWEVER! I had a student - we'll call him M. - tell me today that he ran into a kid (who no longer comes to school, mind you) who told M. that he'd heard that I was pregnant. Excuse me? Seriously? Have you seen these abs?

I looked down, looked up, and said something like, "Are you seriously asking me?"
M. said, "I told him I didn't know."
Not know? You see me everyday, kid! There's no way I'm pregnant....

Anyway, it seems that's the latest rumor around the halls.... I came home a little paranoid and asked my parents if I looked like I had a belly, both said no, sounding a little shocked. Sigh of relief, abs are okay. Haha....

Heavier: goodbyes at today's faculty meeting. It was FREEEEEZING! I sat and shivered the entire time. We all had to speak if we were leaving, which was just annoying because it went on way too long. Now I have my official G-F mug. It's a little sad. Twenty-five people are leaving and five are retiring. That's some turnover.... I'll miss it all so much. Well, maybe not all.... ;)

Okay, off to do my second workout session of the day.

No comments: