Hello!

Hello!

07 May 2008

For the boys

There are some songs that will forever remind me of certain people and certain events. I was thinking the other day about songs that reminded of me of past crushes and boyfriends, and it kinda made me smile to myself.

Here's a sampling:

1. For W., my seventh grade boyfriend and my first kiss: "Water Runs Dry" by Boyz II Men. We danced to it at a dance and called it our song even though it had nothing to do with our situation. Haha.


2. For F., my on-again-off-again boyfriend in high school, "Anytime" by Brian McKnight. I think it was the "off-again" aspect of our relationship that made me associate this song with him.


3. For M., my first love and the man with whom I had the most complicated and unconventional relationship, "Complicated" by Carolyn Dawn Johnson. We started out as friends, and were/are both experts at denial so it took us AGES to talk about our feelings.


4. For S., a college boyfriend, and good friend now (most days *wink*), "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by whoever sings that song (everyone has). Mostly because I was on my way to Costa Rica in the early stages of our relationship. I chose the video with the Lost theme for him.


5. For T., the man I had a crush on, and who crushed on me at various points during our long friendship, there are two. The first, "Miedo" by Pepe Aguilar for the moments when I was crushing hard and was too scared to say anything. The second, "Nada fue un error" by Coti for after we made out at Shannon's when we were in PR.... Haha.



6. For J., the one who broke my heart like I knew he would, "Te voy a perder" by Alejandro Fernández, because I knew it was inevitable, but I fell into it anyway.

No comments: