Hello!

Hello!

13 May 2008

Wandering

Because I need a little building up:

Things I'm proud of today:
1. Waking up at 5:30 am to work out.
2. Checking my box BEFORE the first bell this morning.
3. Planning in advance.
4. Entering grades in my gradebook.
5. Correcting essays.
6. Eating only ONE square of chocolate.
7. Drinking my K2O
8. Avoiding both Target and Best Buy.
9. Buying my 4th block students a snack to reward their efforts on the exam today.
10. Saying a few earnest and honest prayers throughout the course of my day.
11. Seeing D., a former student who has since graduated and is in college.

I was listening to this crazy mix I've got in my car today and felt like I was listening to this for the first time:

I'm at that point. I need to get out of VA, need to start fresh and move on. Shake off all the VA baggage and spread my wings.

That little bit of Dixie Chicks wisdom reminded me of this gem.

It kinda speaks to me today....

No comments: