Hello!

Hello!

05 May 2008

Yakkety Yak

This is why I love teaching:

JS, as he gets some more pretzel chips at the GC meeting: "This is how I keep the six pack." He then pats his belly and eats up.

H during a skit in which he portrays Rosaura from Como agua para chocolate (In response to ¿Cómo estás?): "Pues ahí más o menos, sólo que mi hermana me quiere quitar el marido." (Well, I'm alright, just that my sister wants to steal my husband)

T singing a slightly edited version of "Baby got Back": "Oh wait, you know that song?"

X in a discussion comparing Santiago Nasar from Crónica de una muerte anunciada to Julius Caesar: "Yo, Julius Caesar was a triple OG; he was like Tupac and Biggie."

D: "You know we're your favorite class, Ms. S."
Me: "Everyone thinks they're my favorite class."
D: "Yeah, but you know it's really us."
JZ: "Yeah, you know it is."
Pause.
JZ: "No really, who's your favorite?"

Kids are so funny. I wish I could remember all the other fabulous quotes I get from them, because they really do make my day....

No comments: