Hello!

Hello!

04 May 2008

Good read

I finally had time to read last weekend when I travelled to NYC (remind me to blog about that later....) and I had a book that came highly recommended. It's a big fatty, but I made time to sneak a chapter here and there throughout the week. I finally finished in on Friday.

So good.

So, so good.

The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak, is brilliant. He has a way of writing that makes you see the world differently. The verbs he uses seem a little unusual, and then you really think about it, and you're like: "YES! That's exactly what it does!" On point.

It's billed as a young adult book, but believe that it doesn't feel that way as you're reading. There's a toughness to it, a depth, that I don't usually associate with the schmaltz most of my students read.

Loved it.

Here are a few of my favorite lines:

"I have hated the words and
I have loved them,
and I hope I have made them right."
(page 528)


Brilliant, this one.

Read it.

No comments: