Hello!

Hello!

05 May 2008

Insomnia

Songs I'm listening to and want to share:

NOTE: Seriously, don't think too much about these. I'm just enjoying a little music late at night.

1. "Stereo" by John Legend

Frequent readers know that I love this man's eyes. BEAUTIFUL man! I'm a huge fan of this song, too. You know how you think you know someone because you listen to their music or see them on tv? And how you fall in love with that persona? He's so good at explaining that.

2. "No" by Shakira

I love Shaki. I love this song. Sad, but there's still a toughness.

3. "A la primera persona" by Alejandro Sanz

Another one of my favorite singers. There's a melancholy to this one that I just feel; it's like I don't even have to pay attention to the lyrics, it's in the tone of his voice, in the feel of the video, in the music itself. Love it.

4. "Through the Wire" by Kanye West

I heart him. Scratch that, I have a serious crush on this man. Y'all know. This is my second favorite of his songs (Number one is "Jesus Walks"). In anticipation of the concert, I'm getting a little Ye love....

5. "Dumb it Down" by Lupe Fiasco

Sharp critique of the current state of hip hop. This man is a genius. Also looking forward to seeing him on Saturday.

6. "Pa' ti no estoy" Rosana

One of those great kiss off songs. Here's the other thing I love: music in Spanish from the Canary Islands. There's a nice international vibe to her music, even if the videos are disgustingly cheesy.

7. "Murder She Wrote" by Chaka Demus and Pliers

Hot, hot, hot. One of my all-time favorite songs to dance to. It's the sound of summer.

8. "Mi credo" by Tiziano Ferro and Pepe Aguilar

The sexy. Mmmmm, those voices.... This is one of those that I like in theory. It's nice to listen to, but I wouldn't actually live this one out, you know? A little over the top, but still a pretty song.


9. "Crossroads" by Tracy Chapman

I'm trying to protect what I keep inside. She's pretty much brilliant; her's is the kind of music that stands the test of time, you know?

10. "Frontin'" by Pharrell.

Classic. Nuff said.


As I'm looking back, it's pretty obvious that my musical tastes are pretty diverse.... I like MUSIC.

No comments: